Posted to sci.electronics.repair
terry terry is offline

Default radio static

On Sep 29, 5:04*pm, (GregS) wrote:
In article , "zirath" wrote:
Our lcd computer monitor is causing alot of static on some am radio
stations.

Was wondering what type of capacitor to use to filter?

Thanks.

Taking out the trusty RS Flavor Radio, I find all kinds of trash and birdies near the monitor,
along with power line grundge, computer noise, and flourescent light trash.
Try rotating the radio or monitor ??

greg

If the monitor is 'radiating' RFI (Radio Frequency Interference)
capaciors may not be the answer. Separating the two items and or
shielding the monitor with a grounded metal box may reduce it.
If you have the monitor and the radio plugged into the same AC supply
outlet pluging the radio in via a line filter 'might' help.