Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default 3 TPI Acme thread

Wayne wrote:

A friend at work has a wine press which needs some help. The internal
threads of a piece that moves up and down on an acme thread are
damaged.
I've been unsuccesful at getting him to bring it so I can measure it.
Through other methods it appears to be 1.25 x 3 TPI (or possibly
M32 x 8.5). I haven't been able to find any sources for any acme
nuts of that size. The lowest the my lathe will go is to 4 TPI.
It will also do 6 or 9 TPI.
Is there anyway to fudge a 3 TPI?

Wayne D.

I suspect it may be metric since it seems that a lot of that type of
equipment comes from metric countries. If he won't bring it for proper
measurement, it can't be all that important to repair eh?

Can you change both pieces so you can use something like the 1.25x5 that
Enco carries? Convert to pneumatic or hydraulic?