Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Can I plug a chest freezer into a basic 3 prong outlet?

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 07:28:22 -0700 (PDT), "Declan's Dad"
wrote:

Not sure if this is the best newsgroup for this question but...

My wife and I plan to purchase this chest freezer:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...rs&sName=Chest

I'm assuming it's just a 3 prong plug. So I'm assuming I can plug it
into just any 3 prong outlet? I just wonder if this is like plugging
in an air conditioner and we would need one of those special outlets.

It will work with any outlet, but it should be on a separate circuit.
You don't want the breaker tripping and spoil the food.