Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default Updating indoor parts of 10 Seer AC unit

scorpionleather wrote:

the outside unit largely sets efficency. new outer uits are much
physiically larger

thanks... now, that's what I'd really like to find out. If I use my
existing 10 Seer condenser with a 15 Seer indoor coil, should I expect
to get somewhere closer to 11 Seer, or 14 Seer, or somewhere in-betwen
when I mix & match like this?

A 15-SEER evaporator will have a lot more refrigerant volume compared to
the 10-SEER condenser, that would require a lot more total refrigerant.
That is a volume imbalance between the condenser & evaporator, - an
imbalanced refrigerant system won't operate efficiently.
A balance between the indoor & outdoor units plus the indoor airflow
determine efficient operation.
http://www.udarrell.com/aircondition...l_systems.html
- udarrell

--
WISDOM PRINCIPLED EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATIONS -
THE REAL POLITICAL ISSUES & WISDOM Principled PEOPLE EMPOWERMENT

http://www.udarrell.com/ (Updated) Pro Life/Right To Life - That's Obama

MY OBAMA BLOG: http://my.barackobama.com/page/commu...rrelludelhoven

"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight but has no vision."
- Helen Keller

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
- Albert Einstein

"REALITY Is Not An Easy Thing To Be Confronted With, or to ACCEPT." - Darrell U