Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Automatic air vents - central heating...

In article ,
Spamlet wrote:
On my Ducati, where the front carb slopes at a different angle to the
rear, it is particularly fiddly to get the fuel level to cross the main
jet in the right place, and indeed, they made transparent float bowls
to help. For the front cylinder, I did, in fact, find that, if the tab
on the float was high enough to reach the end of the tickler at all,
the cylinder was too rich all the time, as the bumps on the road
ensured it was being 'tickled all the time'. No doubt the modern ones
have solved this, but, as the back cylinder picks up quite easily, it's
no big deal.

I'd hope they have EFI. ;-)

--
*For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.