Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Source for remote control 13A plugs ...

John Weston wrote:
In article e6eadc27-578e-4581-aa98-f934942e60fb@
26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com, says...
I want to be able to power-cycle my loft based PC ... anyone know of a
good reliable remote control plug ?

http://www.byebyestandby.co.uk/
These work in a similar application for me, but the multi-button types
are easy to press the wrong button, so maybe not the best solution for
a server? They do a single button type and a wall switch that van be
set to a unique channel.

That is one of the functions I use my Domia Lite for (same as ByeBye
Standby so far as I can tell). The remote has four pairs of buttons and
a selector slider. With the selector in position 1, I control three
lights and TV (TV itself and cable box). In position 2, it controls a
remote PC (and associated equipment) and the printer. So long as I leave
the remote in position 1, all is well!

Mind, I have never needed to use the remote to switch off the PC - I
have always found that a remote reboot has worked. But it does allow me
to switch it off when it is not needed.

--
Rod

onset.