Posted to alt.home.repair
scorpionleather scorpionleather is offline

Default Confused about multi stage or variable speed furnace with non variable condensor

I'm thinking about getting a multi stage or variable speed furnace to go
with my fairly new 10 Seer Carrier condensor. Will the AC air handler fan
speed be set to a fixed speed because the coil could ice up? Will I only
get the benefits of multi speed fan for the heating part? Or maybe, because
of the condensor, have to set it to fixed speed for both functions (and
therefore should get a single speed furnace)? hmmm Just asking so I don't
sound foolish before I talk to the contractors tomorrow.