Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for a simple electronic timer

Have a client who wants to run 2 sets of outdoor lights (one low
voltage, the other line voltage) from a single timer. Rather than just
getting the ordinary mechanical timer, I thought it might be nice to get
a simple, reliable electronic timer instead. The advantage would be not
having the timer knocked out of time in case of a power outage (this
assumes the timer has battery backup).

I found some timers on Intermatic's site that look like they'd work
(http://www.intermatic.com/?action=subcat&sid=80), but they look like
overkill for my application (both because of features I don't need and
also because they look difficult to program for my older clients). Does
anyone know of any other electronic timers available?

- Paulo Freire