Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default matching impedances

This is an interesting group
I just had an impedance issue i got help with on a project that I am
working on, in summary
I used CO sensors in a parking garage the rating on the comunication
bus is 2000ft, When I designed the project during estimation I took a
risk to strech to 3000 based on the probability that the voltage drop
would not migatate me. Anyhow to make a very long story short, it
turned out between my low volatge sub and my inherient nature for
taking small calculated risks, the com was 3500 ft, I tried to figure
out the best end of the line terminator , going back to the impedance
matching topic that sparked my interest, after calling some experts, I
got the matched impedance, but still need to and another 50VA
transformer.... lesson learned on my part

Thanks for sharing
Allan J Federman

Mr. Federman, your writing verges on the incomprehensible. I have little
idea what you're talking about or trying to say.

I hope communications with your customers aren't so opaque.