Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default "Flash of Genius" movie

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:19:06 GMT, BobH
wrote:

I would have been fine with defending the patent if I had any connection
to the litigants. That was the obligation I thought I was signing up for
when I filed the disclosure. As it was, both companies were operations
that I have very low regard for and unrelated to the company that I
filed the disclosure to.

Oh! I never encountered such a situation. It seems logical that
they'd want to fairly compensate you for your time if they really want
your willing help and counsel ... but lawyers do have their own
peculiar sort of logic.

In my case, such activities were just another work assignment and part
of the job.

You picked a good time to retire. Engineering has changed markedly in
the last decade.

I've had many people tell me that. I still occasionally see some of
the good people I worked with. I'm very glad I was able to bug out
when I did. I'd certainly be better off financially if I'd worked
another 8 years to age 65, but I've never once regretted retiring when
I did. All ya need is "enough", right?