Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Honeywell CM927 - Multiple units and binding to a single boilerrelay

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:53:09 +0100, Tim S wrote:

Hi all,

Judging by GoogleGroups, there's a bit of installer expertise here

Looking at Honeywell's CM927 4-zone wireless programmer/stat for the new
house.

4-zone wireless progstat? Unless they've changed something recently the
927 is a single zone progstat which can be used to build multiple zone
controls.

I'd like to employ 3 units giving me a zone per room with a bit of spare. So
the question that none of Honeywells downloadable manuals seem to answer
is:

Can an HC60NG boiler relay receiver unit be bound or associated with 3
CM927s? Or am I going to need 3 HC60NG "ORed" together?

Unless they've radiaclly changed things under the hood you're going to
need 3 OR-ed together.

In which case it's jacking the price up.

Indeed :-|

The manual does answer the inverse question, in that it says that multiple
HC60NG relays can be bound to a zone which itself is useful as in 3 cases I
need to power either a valve or a pump for a fan convector and upto two
sets of UFH (not enough to justify a fancy manifold system really). The
rest of the zones will be HR80 wireless rad valves.

Sounds like an expensive alternative to driving a relay from a single
HC60NG :-/

It looks like a nice system.

It's not bad, but having messed around with them for a while I think it's
crying out for an ability to link it (Wi-Fi/bluetooth?) to something with a
bit more IQ.

--
YAPH http://yaph.co.uk

militant pacifist