Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
matt matt is offline

Default DB-25 Panel cutout dimensions

On Sep 25, 10:49*am, "Dave, I can't do that"
wrote:
Hi,

I must be losing my Google search skills but I cannot find panel cut
out details for a female DB-25 plug.

Can someone please point me at a website that will have the cutout
dimensions?

Thanks

Dave

Just a couple of notes on this topic:
There is a lot of info out there on the panel cutout dimensions for
the DB-(x) family of connectors,
and my observation is that there is significant variation between one
source and another on the
dimensions, sometimes as much as .015" or .020". This stuff can almost
always be found on websites
of electronic parts distributors or sheet metal tooling vendors. You
kind of have to just pick one and
go with it (or, as Andrew noted dryly, just lay it out/design it
yourself, how hard can it be?)

The issue about the panel thickness is very real, in my personal
experience. My company suffered
through some long-running issues with equipment reliability due to the
on-again/off-again nature of
connection quality from these connectors being used with panels of .
09" thickness, without the benefit
of counterboring for the standard coupling nuts, or relieving the
panel thickness on the inside to get
the connector closer to the outside surface. I would not have the
effective thickness between the coupling
nut and the connector mounting flange any thicker than .045". This
will allow sufficient engagement of
pins into sockets for reliability. It works "OK" with .062, but
thicker is big trouble.