Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Supplementary Equipotential Bonding - Bathroom (was Earth Bonding- Bathroom)

4CET wrote:

I am fitting metal bath panels under my metal bath tub. The panels are
entireley insulated from the bath tub by a plastic frame and have a
non-conductive finish. They are fixed to the walls by wooden batons
and have no connections to anything that is conductive.

The bathroom has copper pipes and a plastic waste.

Do I need to bond these bath panels?

The question to ask yourself is, could they introduce a potential into
the bathroom? In the case of a bit of "floating" metalwork (i.e. not
connected to anything electrically) like a bath panel, that is contained
entirely within the room, then the answer is no. So as you suspected
there is no need to bond.

More detail:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ng_and_Bonding

--