Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default drip drip

Blattus Slafaly wrote in
:

tom wrote:
On Sep 26, 4:41 pm, "Frank" wrote:
Just installed new oversize downspouts on my home and now have a
problem with a drip --drip----drip for hours after a rain from the
downspout near our bed room. What is happening I think is that the
last water in the gutters is slowly dripping to the down spout and
dropping to the bottom of the first elbow. The oversize downspout(
elbow ) acts as a big drum making a loud water torture sound all
night. Any ideas on how to damping the sound?
Frank

Maybe fix a short section of rope or chain to the nearest gutterspike
and let it hang into the outlet. Hopefully, it will conduct the water
to the wall of the downspout, stopping the dripping noise. HTH Tom

Hang a long cloths line rope from the puddle in the gutter down the
rain spout to the bottom. Slow drips will follow the rope.

Basically, a rain chain.