Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
flash flash is offline

Default New pictures -- cold saw works -- blade question

"Ignoramus11196" wrote in message
The good news is that this three phase, baby 10" cold saw works.

I moved the page and added some pictures of it cleaned up and
running.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brob...Baby-Cold-Saw/

It did not pump coolant at first, but started pumping as soon as I
primed it. The saw, also, cuts metal just fine (1 1/4" square tubing)
with the coolant flowing and neatly returning back to the coolant
drain.

What bothers me is that as it cuts, sometimes it makes a screeching
sound, which makes me suspect that the blae is dull. So, any owners of
cold saws out there, what would be a sign of a dull blade vs. a sharp
blade?

And the last line reads: "But it is smaller than most cold saws. It weighs
about 150 lbs, which means that I can easily carry it around. "

Are you bragging or complaining?

Flash