Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default DB-25 Panel cutout dimensions

On Sep 27, 12:56*pm, "Dave, I can't do that"
wrote:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the offer but as you can see from my other reply, I need to
machine these suckers into the side of a metal box.

Dave

Ugh. If possible I saw out out the side of the box and machine the
connector holes on a flat cover plate.

A box like that can be set up fairly securely on a mill by cutting a
piece of plywood thicker than the cover lip to fit inside, and
clamping box and plywood to a shelf made of large angle plates. Extra
supports under the plates and the back end of the box don't hurt. I
mark the connector cutouts, drill near their centers and pull the
sheet metal tight against the plywood with wood screws. After milling
I reattach the screws with fender washers. Otherwise the cutter tends
to lift the sheet metal.