Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default I keep hearing this creak between my first and second floor

On Sep 27, 10:08*am, Joe wrote:
like something is settling. I hear it maybe 4 or *5 times a week while
sitting in my living room. There are no visible signs of cracks in my
first floor ceiling but it's still a little disconcerting. Is this
just a normal sound or a precursor to a larger problem developing.

Start by looking at everything in the basement, beams, walls , for
cracks, see if a ball rolls on the floor to a low spot, windows and
doors will be difficult to open and lock. Its likely expansion
contraction from temperature changes and is normal if its continous.