Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ? Voltage Regulator Output Pin Connection

"Alec S." wrote:

Hi,

I'm repairing my flatbed scanner but I can't figure out what the output pin of
the 7905 connects to.

Here's some snaps:

Front: http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9646/23249045py3.jpg
Back: http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/84/13459958xc0.jpg
Reverse: http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7761/30152421ct5.jpg

I can see where the input voltage and ground pins lead, but the output pin doesn
't seem to lead anywhere. Is it a layered PCB or am I missing something?

It makes sense that the output voltage isn't connected because the scanner does
nothing when plugged in; the power LED doesn't even light.

As Arfa said, it is a 7805, and the silk screen clearly shows
'I'nput, 'G'round, and 'O'utput. in the first photo. Use a digial
ohmmeter and connect one lead to the output terminal, and probe the
board to see where it goes.

What are the other IC part numbers? Have you looked for datasheets?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.