Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default OT; Ping Owain

wrote:
As I understand it Inikced from a site but exactly my experience):

In Scotland, "a PINT and a HALF" means a PINT of HEAVY and a MEASURE of
WHISKY; in England it means a PINT of BITTER and a HALF PINT of BITTER.

--
Rod

Rod has it right,except that the wee hauf can be any spirits.Another
favourite of days gone by was "a wee heavy and a hauf"

Mark.

Of course, the reality ends up with the punter asking the barman "can
you fit a whisky in there pint of heavy?"

"Well fill it up, I don't come from Whiteinch."

--
Rod

onset.