Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default OT; Ping Owain

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Hi Owain

As a person of the Scottish persuasion, could you explain the phrase "a pint
of heavy & a wee half" or something similar - I may have misheard?

I understand its something to do with beer & whisky and the strength &
measure?

Prolly heard it on a Taggart or Rebus re run.

Cheers

Sorry, I'm not Owain, but...

As I understand it Inikced from a site but exactly my experience):

In Scotland, "a PINT and a HALF" means a PINT of HEAVY and a MEASURE of
WHISKY; in England it means a PINT of BITTER and a HALF PINT of BITTER.

--
Rod

onset.