Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Bailout (politics)

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

A guy walks into a party, and asks a woman "Would you have sex with me
for a million dollars?" She says sure. And of course he doesn't have a
million dollars. But the decision is made, they are going to get it
on. Now, it's just about deciding how much is the price.

I have that sense with the bailout for Freddy and Fannie. My sense is
the bailout is a done deal. The question is only the details. What's
the end result? The Fed, with all the power of the government, will
take large ammounts of my money, and give it to someone else. It's not
roads, bridges, or even pork barrel construction projects. Just a big
transfer of money.

Hmmm, I heard it different. Something like:

A guy walks into a party, and asks a woman "Would you have sex with me
for a million dollars?" She says sure. Guy says "Gimme 50 bucks worth."