Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default wooden garage door

"SteveBell" wrote in message I *assume*
that the price is right up there, since I mostly see them on
high-end houses. I'm *sure* that they're heavy and will require a beefy
opener.

The door should have springs on it so it should not take too much to open
it. I moved into a house about 4 years ago that had a wooden frame door
with some of the 'paper' wood panels in it. Not sure what to call that kind
of panel. It is heavy, but a standard door opener would open it just fine.
Had it removed as it was starting to get into poor shape and installed a
metal door. It was about 17 feet wide I think.. Big enough to get two cars
in.