Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jmeehan@columbus.rr.com is offline

Default replacing AC

On Sep 26, 6:07*pm, wrote:

* * I have to totally agree with Ed. *I usually do. *Any good
installer will do the numbers (Manual J) and can give a an reasonable
accurate answer. *Local conditions mean a lot in this situation, so
anyone outside the area is working at a disadvantage.

* Good Luck.- Hide quoted text -

I had to add one thing. If a contractor wants to give you an
answer or do the work without doing the numbers, you should look for a
different contractor. While an experienced contractor can usually hit
close, the smart ones will do the numbers. If you had a standard home
in a development with all the same homes and had not had additional
insulation, then a local contractor who had recently worked on several
homes in your area like yours might be able to give a good opinion
without doing all the numbers.