Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default hex nut grabber

If you're just trying to get a nut started on a vertical bolt or stud
and can't get it started because of the depth of the socket I can help
you.

Put a second nut in the socket to move the intended nut that much
closer to the bolt or stud. Once you have it started remove the
unneeded nut from the socket and tighten to desired torque.

G.S

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:06:57 -0500, "rb" wrote:

Looking for something that may not exist, but I sure would like to find one.

I need a nut-grabber. This would allow me to get nuts way up inside
something to get 'em started for bolt backup. It would have to give me just
a little flexibility on placing the nut so the bolt can grab it.

If anyone knows where a neat device such as this is---please point me toward
it!