Posted to sci.electronics.repair
johnwass johnwass is offline

Default Thurlby Thandar RSComponents Bench Power Supply

Adrian

Thanks. However, current limit control setting makes no difference. Always
shows OFL. Thought it was unlikely to be the control but I will try swapping
it for a different one to see if it makes any difference.

John

"Adrian C" wrote in message
johnwass wrote:
I have an old 30V 2A bench power supply badged RS Components Code

610-461
which was made by Thurlby, now Thurlby Thandar Instruments (tti). The
current meter shows OFL which I found out means overload.

On my Thurlby's (considerably older though), OFL means you have the
current limit control set fully clockwise equating to the 'no current
limit' setting (let me smoke & catch fire first....). This when the
power out switch is off.

Try turning the control down? Could be the control itself is faulty if
no change.

--
Adrian C