Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GMAN GMAN is offline

Default Mitsubishi HS-U410 - need parts

In article , Mike WB2MEP wrote:
On Sep 24, 12:52=A0pm, (GMAN) wrote:
In article =

..com, Mike WB2MEP wrote:

I need the following parts for a Mits. HS-U410 VCR. =A0All these parts
are NLA from Mitsubishi, and this model is probably too new (1996) for
any aftermarket parts to have been made for it. =A0If anyone has any of
these parts laying around, I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

522B057030 Idler assembly

Dou you need the idler assembly or just the rubber tire?http://www.studio=

soundelectronics.com/mbk-28.htm

Basically go here, enter the parts needed in the partsfinder form , and t=

he
guys WILL email you back if they have these parts available. I have never=

had
them not email me promptly with answers.

http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/pfinder.htm

Been there. done that...

That's where I got the belts from for this VCR.
The idler in this VCR does't have a rubber tire like the older
models. It's a pretty complex gear/clutch assembly that also does the
gear-ratio change for FF/REW. If you look at their description, the
rubber maintenance kit only includes the belts and pinch roller. The
pinch roller was in great condition, so I only originally ordered the
belt kit .

I've been ordering from Studio Sound for years. I tried parts finder
before posting here, and he e-mailed be back within 2-3 hours, saying
he couldn't supply any of those parts and that Mits has discontinued
90% of their VCR parts. Unfortunately, Mits didn't sell parts thru any
of the big distributors in the US, so there wouldn't be any old stock
around. It's too bad Studio Sound didn't get the VCR boneyard when he
bought out diyvcrparts.com a few years ago. I figured someone may
have these parts on a shelf in their shop somewhere.
I was able to get a lower cylinder assembly for my own VCR from
someone on this NG a few years ago,
so I figured I'd try it again...

Ill go out to my shed this weekend and see if i have one of those. I have over
20 Mitsubishi vcr's and i will see if i have one.