Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default O/T: The Bail Out

Maxwell Lol wrote:
Tim Daneliuk writes:

So ... the banks are "irresponsible" and "greedy" for trying to maximize
their profits. But the welfare queens who already were living off
of everyone else's money are noble?

AIG was $579 billion in debt.

The CEO of AIG made 5.6 million which included a "performance bonus."
for ruining the company.

Total US welfare costs are $440 million per year.

Blaiming the problem is those on welfare is really misguided and
and frankly bigoted.

You must have trouble with elementary arithmetic. Of the
$3 Trillion US Federal budget (never mind State and Local), over
*half* is entitlement spending - welfare in all it's forms - by
my count, that's north of $1.5 *Trillion* - you're missing a lot of
zeros.

And it's only bigoted if you have to look in every nook and cranny
to find bigotry and make yourself feel better. The overwhelming
portion of the $1.5 trillion goes to elders in some form - who, last
I checked, cover all flavors of race, religion, and so forth.

What is "bigoted", is the bigotry displayed here and in the larger
culture against those of us who object to being made slaves to serve
the dishonest and lazy majority.

By the way - have you ever talked to anyone on Welfare? Like those

Yes. I used to live next door to them. It's what made me realize
what a complete scam social entitlements are.

people still living in FEMA trailers that have 5 times the normal
level of Formaldehyde gas? I bet they feel like queens. Sure.

Perhaps they shouldn't have built homes below sea level in the first
place. Perhaps they shouldn't have elected the (arguably) most
corrupt government in the entire nation in NOLA. Perhaps - after a
major disaster - they shouldn't insist on living the same place again.
And, perhaps, they shouldn't expect their Federal rehabilitation to
give them a quality of life *better* than they ever had in the first
place. The entire system is a fraud.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/