Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Did I say Screwfix had lost the plot?

Steve Walker wrote:
Rod wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Rod wrote:
The other day, I posted about problems with Screwfix (lack of
stock).
I noticed a big sign in my local SF yesterday, saying that they list
810 varieties/sizes of screw & sell 19 million screws a week, and
that the problems were due to the plants in China.

Well I have now placed my first order with Toolstation.

They probably depend on the same suppliers (it's the same management team
that set up SF, as you probably know), so it'll be a question of checking
which one has stock of what you need.

At least you *can* find out if your list of items is in stock at a
particular Toolstation branch. And print off your order to take in. Two
littlke enhancements that would help SF. (Nearest SF is about a mile;
nearest TS is nearer 10 miles.)

--
Rod

onset.