Leon

Default Bosch 1617 Router combo

"Igor" wrote in message

OK, so you and Leon say it works well -- i.e., not such a big deal having
to unclamp, set, reclamp.

I personally use this router free hand but the adjustment works well upsiode
down or right side up. I have an older Bosch Plunge 1611 IIRC hanging under
there. I am looking to go with the 1619.

Good. The budget isn't there now for a lift.
BTW, at Amazon they are selling the two-base electronic version for $229
and this month any Bosch purchase $200 gets $20 off, so $209 net,
delivered. That's probably the way I'll go.

Absolutely.. I bought my 1617evs in August 1998 and paid $219 for fixed
base only. Plus, no tax and free shipping if you can wait a few extra days
for shipping.

Neither of you mentioned the Bosch DC attachments so I assume you have

made
other arrangements.

I use a Bench Dog router table and fence. I still get chips in the bottom
of the cabinet but the lions share goes through the fence to the shop vac.