Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default matching impedances

On Sep 25, 8:53*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
" wrote:

I need to take an output from a 25 volt speaker line and feed it to an
amplifier to service a remote area for additional power. *I plan to
tie the .25w tap of the primary of a 25 volt matching transformer to
the line and then connect the secondary to the booster amplifier
balanced line input. I suspect that the level at the transformer
secondary will be too high, so I envision having to pad or attenuate
it down substantially. I would do this by adding series resisters to
each secondary side. *I know this may not exactly match the amplifier
impedance but I'm not too concerned about that. Does anyone have a
feel for the values of series resisters that I can use on the
secondary of the transformer to bring the line down to a level so that
the balance line input of the amplifier will not be overloaded?
Thank you very much for any advice

* *I always used a 10k resistor to a 5 K pot, and set the level from
there. *If it is here it can be tampered with, you might want to put an
internal 100K pot, then set the level control to around 74% of the level
you want with the internal pot. *Also, don't bond the primary and
secondary commons toothier to avoid a ground loop.

--http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

your account:http://www.usenettools.net/ISP.htm

The crazy, and the insane.

Thanks Michael. I'm bringing a lot of spare parts to the job with me
today and I'll let you know how it all works out. Best regards, Lenny.