Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] glyford@gmail.com is offline

Default anyone have an S&D drill index they don't want

anyway, I have a set of S&D drills that came in a cardboard box - and
inside the cardboard box, more boxes, each with a drill wrapped in
paper and plastic inside - well, that's a pain, so I want a drill
index (9/16 to 1 inch X 1/6ths).

Hmmm... no good sources for an index, but how about a drill block?
Especially since they should all have 1/2" shafts. Drill a bunch of
appropriately spaced holes in a chunk of scrapwood, maybe go a /64 or /
32 over so they're easy to pull out. If dust or chips is an issue,
maybe use the block to make a box. Luan ply, sheetmetal,
polycarbonate, whatever material you're more comfortable working
with... sliding cover, hinged cover, cover that lifts off... stain and
poly or greasy fingerprints, the options for customization are
endless.
--Glenn Lyford