Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Gloss on metal shutters?

wrote in message
On 26 Sep, 13:52, "R D S" wrote:
We have painted our shop woodwork with acrylic white gloss.
I intend to do the shutters also, can I use the same paint (I have plenty
left)?
Or will I end up wishing I had used aluminium paint?

Some more information needed. Are they bare metal? If so, what
sort? If not, what coating do they currently have? If it's paint, is
it sound? If so, just rub down (trying NOT to get through to the
metal if poss., just to key it), and then undercoat and acrylic
gloss. Depending on the quality of the paint, your work might last a
couple of years or twenty (I painted my parents' metal casement
windows 20 years ago with Dulux Weathershield and it's still fine, if
a bit dull).

Edward

Bare metal, I think it's aluminium.