Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Bad neighbours and cctv question

In article ,
Turk182 writes:
Maplins sell the Swann brand of CCTV equipment. Beware the cameras.
They look impressive but are faitly useless quality at any sort of
range. For example, number plates in a car park are unrecognizable.
The spec may be high, but the lenses are crap.

Also, I've found the outdoor ones not to be very waterproof, although
designed as such. Also, the interlaced scan makes rather a mess of moving
images if you want to collect stills from them. (I did spend some time
with photoshop sliding the alterate scan lines together enough for the
police to recognise a suspect already known to them, but that would have
been no good as evidence.)

--
Andrew Gabriel