Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_2_] Tim Wescott[_2_] is offline

Default DB-25 Panel cutout dimensions

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:49:14 -0700, Dave, I can't do that wrote:

Hi,

I must be losing my Google search skills but I cannot find panel cut out
details for a female DB-25 plug.

By Female I mean the outer profile of the shell and not the pins versus
sockets. The panel cutout has to be big enough to clear that outer shell
and let the plug seat fully with the Male part.

Can someone please point me at a website that will have the cutout
dimensions?

Thanks

Dave

Go to the Digi-Key website (http://www.digikey.com), find a
representative DB-25 connector, and pull up it's data sheet. If it's
designed for panel mounting through a cutout, there should be cutout
dimensions.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services