Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default I am so sick of buying crap that doesn't work was installingconnectors on RG-6?

Sounds like you're having all kinds of fun...

It might be a little late, but I'd recommend using a full set of
compatible connectors and tools. Having spent time working for a cable
company, I can tell you that the connector quality matters as does
compatibility with the tooling, and some connectors that look the same
do require different tools for proper termination.

I also know nothing of the quality of the "Phillips" coax other than it
is most likely made by someone else. The braid should pull back from the
foil wrapped foam dielectric easily, if it doesn't the cable may be
faulty.

Also remember that coax is RF cable and kinks, tight bends and crush
points have a very significant effect on the RF signal, especially at
the higher frequencies.

From the Lowe's site:

IDEAL 3-Piece Installers Compression Kit ($40)

Item #: 251912 Model: 33-623

Contains compression tool, cable stripper and Data-TŪ Cutter in hip
pouch

and

IDEAL RG-6 Quad Compression Connector ($30)

Item #: 44578 Model: 89-056

Approved for use by most cable TV and satellite companies
50-pack jar
RF signal containment ensures strong signal
One-piece design for quick installation