Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Toilet Valve Repair

"Ed" wrote in message
American Standard toilet flush valve. I have a new plunger valve (the
valve that regulates the flow of water into the tank.) It came with a
new seat that installs with an allen wrench but I can't get the old
seat out. It has a round inside so an allen wrench won't work to
unscrew it. Does someone know the secret to get it out? And if I get
it out will the new one screw in? Thanks.

Replace it with a FluidMaster (code approved model) for about $8 and your
problems will be solved.

The replacement washers are a snap to install with no tools for $1-2 each
depending on where you buy them.

Colbyt