Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default matching impedances

" wrote:

I need to take an output from a 25 volt speaker line and feed it to an
amplifier to service a remote area for additional power. I plan to
tie the .25w tap of the primary of a 25 volt matching transformer to
the line and then connect the secondary to the booster amplifier
balanced line input. I suspect that the level at the transformer
secondary will be too high, so I envision having to pad or attenuate
it down substantially. I would do this by adding series resisters to
each secondary side. I know this may not exactly match the amplifier
impedance but I'm not too concerned about that. Does anyone have a
feel for the values of series resisters that I can use on the
secondary of the transformer to bring the line down to a level so that
the balance line input of the amplifier will not be overloaded?
Thank you very much for any advice

I always used a 10k resistor to a 5 K pot, and set the level from
there. If it is here it can be tampered with, you might want to put an
internal 100K pot, then set the level control to around 74% of the level
you want with the internal pot. Also, don't bond the primary and
secondary commons toothier to avoid a ground loop.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.