Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default matching impedances

I need to take an output from a 25 volt speaker line and feed it to an
amplifier to service a remote area for additional power. I plan to
tie the .25w tap of the primary of a 25 volt matching transformer to
the line and then connect the secondary to the booster amplifier
balanced line input. I suspect that the level at the transformer
secondary will be too high, so I envision having to pad or attenuate
it down substantially. I would do this by adding series resisters to
each secondary side. I know this may not exactly match the amplifier
impedance but I'm not too concerned about that. Does anyone have a
feel for the values of series resisters that I can use on the
secondary of the transformer to bring the line down to a level so that
the balance line input of the amplifier will not be overloaded?
Thank you very much for any advice

-Lenny