Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DB-25 Panel cutout dimensions

"Dave, I can't do that" wrote:

Hi,

I must be losing my Google search skills but I cannot find panel cut
out details for a female DB-25 plug.

By Female I mean the outer profile of the shell and not the pins
versus sockets. The panel cutout has to be big enough to clear that
outer shell and let the plug seat fully with the Male part.

Can someone please point me at a website that will have the cutout
dimensions?

Can't you just measure the parallel port on your PC, or an old
computer card? I used to use a spare plate from a bad board to scribe
the outline, and a nibblet to make custom cutouts.

http://www.keyelco.com/pdfs/m55-comp-bkts.pdf shows a lot of connector
cutouts.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html