Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How Common Was This?

On Sep 25, 3:50*pm, K. G. Ulicni wrote:
I have a house built in the early 1920's. Every wall in every room was
wallpapered with the paper applied over the bare plaster, multiple
layers no less. No paint, no primer just plaster. It was a major pain
to get all the paper off those walls, lots of scrapes and gouges left
behind to patch when done. Was this a common practice back then?

Do you think it would have been easier to remove the paper if the
walls had been primed/painted?

I've removed paper from both painted drywall and painted and non-
painted plaster. I've scraped and gouged every wall to some extent.