Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.vcr,sci.electronics.equipment
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Not getting signal into RCA jacks on older Sears VCR

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:23:35 -0700 (PDT), HiC
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I've acquired an older Sears brand VCR. Model 934.53520650 The
cassette door says LXI series.

AFAICT, LXI is a Sears house brand.

By comparing the belts at this URL, it would appear that your LXI VCR
may have been manufactured by RCA/Hitachi:
http://www.smcelectronics.com/vcrrep.htm

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/...9238/front.JPG
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/11/1809238/Rear.JPG

What I'm running into is that thought there are RCA connections for In/
Out L/R audo & Video - in addition to coax In/Out, I can't see to get
it to pick up devices such as another VCR, A digital converter box,
DVD player into the RCA jacks, only through the coax connector. It
will output through the Out-RCA's but so far haven't gotten it to
receive anything through the IN RCA's.

Does this help?

http://www.swannsurveillance.com/web...ut_selects.pdf

LXI / Sears
All Sears TVs and VCRs are manufactured by other companies (RCA, JVC,
Emerson, etc.) If the following information doesn’t get you going,
look for the manufacturer‘s name on the back of the TV or VCR. If
you’re unable to find it, Sears can let you know who the manufacturer
is, as long as you have the model number handy.

Sears VCRs
• Many Sears VCRs have a button labelled “channel lock” that needs to
be turned off in order to channel up or down on the VCR.

1. Aux or Line channel below 2 or channel 00.
2. TU(SC)AV or INPUT button in the front panel of the TV or on remote
3. TUNER/LINE or TUNER/AUX button in front panel or on remote

- Franc Zabkar