Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Storage solutions?

wrote:
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:20:59 -0500, dpb wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:26:34 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

Can you point to a source where I can buy some?
google Cosmolene

I found several

Lew

Really? I just tried Google. Found many discussions about how to
remove it, and some dead links to places that USED to have it.

I think my original belief was correct. The cosmolene name still
exists,and they have new products with that familiar name on them, but
the stuff they used many years ago, that was called cosmolene, was
taken off the market because it contained carcinogens.

I also think, after seeing many of those google results, that many
people call any rustproof coating "cosmolene", regardless of what it
really is.

It would undoubtedly help if you spelled it correctly. Anything that
meets the Mil-Spec that described the WW-II stuff is close enough.

As I suspected, you're just itchin' as typical...

It was sugested to google "cosmolene", by Lew Hodgett. That's what I
did. Perhaps your argument should be with him.

The cosmolene I am familiar with, came in blocks that you melted
before use. I can't seem to find anyting remotely like that despite
your rude protestations.

One of the links I posted references it if you'd look some...