Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] prhubberstey@googlemail.com is offline

Default Cavity wall insulation - cavity too large ????

Hi,

I've had a company round to do cavity wall insulation this week. They
said they couldn't do it because the cavity was "too wide" ?!!

How can this possibly be the case?

The original surveyor who came out said my cavity at the front was
massive - and that some companies would refuse to do it simply because
of the amount of insulation material that would be necessary. He said
those companies would frequently "make an excuse" and say it could not
be done.

Well... that's what his company has just done. They said their
"brush" that stops the insulation from spilling over into neighbours
properties "won't fit in" because the cavity is too large.

hmm.. sounds like BS.

What do other people think? any comments / opinions / recommendations
for the Lancashire area would be appreciated.

Pete, Preston.