Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Demon news has become disconnected from the internet.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You cancelled an otherwise OK service because of a badly worded email or
whatever? Isn't that cutting off your nose to spite your face - given how
relatively poor all these large organizations inevitably will be to a few
at least.

No. I was considering changing ISPs when they sent me an letter telling
me I was going to be cut off for doing something that they should have
known I hadn't done - after 5 years of having an account with them - and
giving me less notice than the length of my annual holiday. They have
changed all their contact numbers to premium rate. They have changed
the Ts&Cs to limit my use (but so have they all) - I could go on, but
what't the use.

I'm still with Pipex and so far ok - at least their news server still
works fine.

It's when you get a fault that you'll find out what the problems are.

Andy