Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default C/H Inhibitor Recommendation?

wrote

Hi all,

I am just finishing off the installation of a new C/H system. The tank
and boiler instructions recommend Fernox-brand inhibitor, but there
are lots of other inhibitors on the market. Will I see a noticeable
difference between a cheaper inhibitor like Triple-X (http://
www.toolstation.com/messages.html?code=94504), and a more expensive
inhibitor like Fernox F1 or Sentinel X100? This is for a 300l heat-
bank system, so the difference in price between cheap and expensive
adds up. If the expensive stuff simply comes in a better class of
bottle, but contains a virtually identical liquid, then I may as well
get the cheap stuff!

thanks,

dan.

Without a doubt go Fernox.
As others have said the cost is minimal when considered alongside the
capital cost of just an overhaul, let alone major works.
They have a good technical department too if you are in any doubt over which
product(s) to use.

From experience, I spent a lot of time trying to resolve issues with my
heating system and in the course of this used both Sentinel and Fernox.
I think most agree these are the most respected products - wish Andy Hall
was here as I know he would certainly back this up!

I found of the two that my system ran noticably quieter with the Fernox (I'm
talking boiler noise here not un-bled air).

HTH

Phil