Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Did I say Screwfix had lost the plot?

In article ,
Andy Cap wrote:
I popped into B&Q the other day, looking for blades for my Bosch
jigsaw. The blade rack was almost empty, with just a few packs left for
Black & Decker. I guess the recession is beginning to bite as people
have less to spend.

I'd say DIY would be one of the last things to be hit. Certainly for the
sales of consumables like this. More likely people are buying that sort of
thing at more sensible prices elsewhere. I wanted a 2.5mm HSS drill -
local B&Q only had Bosch titanium at about 2.50. I usually get tubes of
'production' ones at autojumbles where you'd get 10 for that price. And
had most small sizes apart from 2.5mm. ;-)

--
*I yell because I care

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.