Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Time for a new central AC, need advice.

wrote:
On Sep 24, 4:27 pm, wrote:
Look into going Geothermal. Once installed heating, cooling and hot
water will cost about $50 a month. It will pay for itself in about 10
years.

Geothermal in FL is going to pay for itself in 10 years? Says
who? In FL, the need for heating is minimal, so you're paying for a
high cost install system and then using it largely for AC only. I
find it hard to believe it's going to be economically viable, let
alone pay for itself in 10 years compared to a gas heat/AC system,

I don't know the payback for sure, but w/ the high water tables and hot
weather, the heat rejection dT should be quite a lot better than air-air
so it might be pretty good. I've never had any reason to look at it
specifically, but I'd not rule it out a priori...