Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Demon news has become disconnected from the internet.

In article ,
Bruce wrote:
Yep, I noticed this too. Last messages to the outside world are on the
18th. Perhaps someone should phone their help line but I hate talking
to an Indian call centre who will probably tell me to switch off my
ADSL router for 5 minutes :-))

They must use the same call centre as Tiscali, then. ;-)

I've only needed to contact Pipex 3 times - all when my broadband
failed. In each case the ADSL carrier was still present.

First time I got a very helpful English sounding bloke who had heard of
RISC OS and did his best - pretty good really since non of my RISC OS
browsers could get into the router menu. It got sorted with no action from
me - he actually phoned me back to say it was likely a BT problem.

Second time - still Pipex - same sort of fault. This time got someone who
sounded black - not Asian - and I can only guess had been instructed to
waste as much customer time as possible while enraging the recipient into
the bargain. I just about changed ISP there and then. That fault also
sorted itself without any action from me.

Third time - same fault. This time Tiscali ownership. Got an extremely
helpful bloke who sounded Dutch. Spent a lot of time checking everything
he could. Eventually concluded it was probably BT again. Fault once more
cleared as if by magic. ;-)

Total outages (that I know of) have only totalled a few hours in some 4
years.

--
*A bicycle can't stand alone because it's two tyred.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.