Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default C/H Inhibitor Recommendation?

wrote:
Hi all,

I am just finishing off the installation of a new C/H system. The tank
and boiler instructions recommend Fernox-brand inhibitor, but there
are lots of other inhibitors on the market. Will I see a noticeable
difference between a cheaper inhibitor like Triple-X (http://
www.toolstation.com/messages.html?code=94504), and a more expensive
inhibitor like Fernox F1 or Sentinel X100? This is for a 300l heat-
bank system, so the difference in price between cheap and expensive
adds up. If the expensive stuff simply comes in a better class of
bottle, but contains a virtually identical liquid, then I may as well
get the cheap stuff!

thanks,

dan.

I don't think any of them contain anything much other than a mild acid,
like boric.