Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Storage solutions?

"Upscale" wrote

May I inquire as to why you need to store all your tools?

In a word, "subsidence", with the attendant flood waters during heavy rains,
due to the proximity of new construction, and with regard to drainage of
same, something not unheard of in urban areas on the Gulf Coast.

The shop building itself is 60 years old, in a neighborhood of that age, but
with upscale houses of newer vintage, and I have contributed to the problem
myself, to some financial advantage, so pity is most definitely unwarranted.

Reminds me of when I put most of my big tools (table saw, router, work
bench
ect.) into public storage in 1994. At the rental rate of $100 a month, it
wasn't until four years later that I emptied the rental storage just to
get
out from under the cost. I spent nearly $5000 on that storage rental,
frequently thinking about what my father once told me. "You don't sell
your
tools" he said. With what I spent on rental costs holding onto those
tools,
I could have bought similar new tools twice over. What a waste!

Storage costs thus far are twice that ... you may have a point, except that,
like your Dad, I will NOT sell my tools (only death will us part)

And mainly because I'm convinced that "Made in China" is, indeed, a WARNING
LABEL!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08